Job Summary: Prioritize and coordinate automation service calls and activities including but not limited to project assessment. Assist in proposal preparation, performance of project and service work per customer purchase orders or contracts transacted through the automation division, assuring proper job tracking through to completion. Automation Tech is a direct line and face to the customer and always needs to be presentable and helpful to the customer to insure customer satisfaction in any project or service call.
- Assist in proposal preparation including estimate for project costs
- Prepare project proposal documents including presentation to customer.
- Design, layout, programming, installation, commissioning and startup per project proposal
- Service work that will include emergency calls as well as routine customer small maintenance and enhancement projects.
- Provide technical support for customers when necessary, including but not limited to: confirming technical or engineering modifications; ensuring service satisfaction; and promoting strong company image.
- Assist supervisor with identification and acquisition of equipment, software and training necessary for a successful operation.
- Comply with all company policies/directives and actively support same in all relations with company personnel.Observe and enforce company safety procedures and promote use of proper protective gear (i.e. eye, ear and foot protection, etc.).
- Confer regularly with supervisor regarding division operation, job scheduling, customer concerns, employee performance, and other matters as deemed appropriate.
- Attend seminars, expositions and various schools to stay current on technical information relative to the automation industry.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of equipment, software, etc. with the proper company employees responsible for the R&M functions related to the effected asset
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Qualifications: Demonstrated proficiency in automation hardware and software selection, application and programming. Post-secondary education is preferred but not required. Minimum of five years of responsible and progressive on-the-job automation experience is required.
Special Skills : Ability to communicate with others through strong inter-personal and communication skills. Ability to promote a strong company image and present such effectively to customer.