We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Electrical Project Manager and Estimator to join our growing team. In this position, you will oversee project budgets, coordinate contractors, and manage the construction process. You will also oversee organizing schedules, tracking inventory, and ordering and managing materials for your projects.
Oversee all activities related to the management of construction projects; including project management, estimating, billing and purchasing. The incumbent will work closely with customers, sub-contractors, vendors, sales management, customer service and operations, to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and with maximum profitability.
- Project manage both ongoing maintenance and new electrical construction work.
- Prepare timely estimates as required to acquire new work including reading and understanding prints/specifications.
- Develop schedules of values for projects and review project costs for monthly and weekly progress billings.
- Develop manpower projections for projects and assist in implementing them with the entire department.
- Prepare submittals for projects along with managing and completing closeout documents and O&M Manuals.
- Purchase materials for projects and coordinate shipping and delivery.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Work with subcontractors to obtain pricing along with tracking their scope of work.
- Attend project meetings and work with other trades to achieve successful projects.
- Identify and resolve client problems and concerns.
- Prepare and track change orders, submittals, RFIs and all other project-related paperwork.
- Communicate with field employees and work together towards successful and profitable projects.
- Coordinate with Corporate Safety Director to keep projects safe and without incident or injury.
- Identify, price and track all contract change orders.
- Secure required permits and utility services.
- Provide status updates and maintain consistent documentation for all projects.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by management.
- Five years of experience in electrical project management and estimating or equivalent field experience preferred
- Resume of successful and profitable projects
- Project financial knowledge and budget experience
- Project documentation skills
- Safety protocol knowledge
- Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Ability to read blueprints/architectural drawings and utilize information to manage estimators/PMs, subcontractors, service providers and vendors
- Contract and scope of work derivation ability
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong subcontractor and vendor management skills
- General construction industry knowledge with electrical focus
- Self-motivated individual able to work and function independently
- Basic computer knowledge – Microsoft applications, Internet and bidding software
- Creative thinking, solutions oriented
- Strong customer focus and interaction skills; professional integrity and character
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Professional integrity and character
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org